Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Everything reminds me of you. When I come across a funny tweet or encountered something while running errands or I have a specific thought, I have this strong urge to tell you about it. But I couldn't and I shouldn't. 

I'd like to think that I'm doing better. But to undo what you've done to me and to undo my love for you, it will take time. Weeks, months, years, I don't know. I thought about how happy we were and how that intense affection we once felt for each other. How it became something more steady and constant. And then I also thought about the distance that began to grow between us. How there would be barely a word from you a day.

I thought about how lonely it made me feel and convinced myself that it's probably just a phase. And you, you didn't say a word as you watch yourself fall out of love me. 

Everything reminds me of you. 

No comments: