Tuesday, December 31, 2019

2020

Second blog post before 2019 draws to a close! So much for promising to blog more!

2019 turns out to be one of the best years of my life. There were many firsts: my first solo backpacking trip to Taiwan (lovely, lovely country) and living alone for the first time. It was also a year where I thought I might give up journalism, until journalism found me. 

2019 was transformational. I'm travelling more than I could imagine, and yes, it is a privilege indeed. It was also the year that I thought my career is finally headed somewhere and I couldn't be more grateful to everyone I met along the way. Thank you, Joji, and thank you, Jon. Thank you Ipsita, and Yean Leng, for being such supportive friends. Thank you, new and old friends. 

2019 also had me realised that I may have spent too much time at work. That when it comes to describing myself, I noticed that I had not much to say, except my love for reporting and writing. I'm still not entirely sure if that's a bad thing...thoughts? 

The month of September was a rough one, though. Oscar, my dachshund of 16 years, has passed on. It was the first time that I felt so strongly about a pet's passing. It was heartbreaking, truly. He was there, rain and shine. He was thoughtful, even until his last moments in life - he made sure none of us were there to see him leave. And it broke my heart to think that he was all alone at that time. What a good boy. There were times that I hoped that I might hear him walking to me when I say his name. 

Sounds like a lot of adulting in 2019, eh. 

As I was having lunch earlier, a few people whom I have not spoken to in a few years suddenly came to mind. I hope they're all doing well.

Kay's love for hotpot is never-ending. (Yes, that's a barbie wrapped in beef slices)
Photo: Ipsita
There was so much growing up in this decade - from school, to college and now in the workforce. The next decade is going to dawn upon us (or me at least, according to the Malaysian time zone) in another five hours or so. While I'm unsure what it will bring, I hope that I will always have the motivation to keep moving forward. And I hope that I will always have the right bunch of people to have hotpot with. 

To my wonderful partner, who has chosen to stay by my side after these years, thank you for loving me even when it was difficult to do so. Happy, happy new year.

1 comment:

Stonework Topslondon said...

Some genuinely wonderful information, Glad I discovered this. I must say that you’ve done a superb job with this. And i am glad reading your article. Best of luck for the next! Please visit my web site Stoneworktopslondon.com. Best Granite kitchen worktops London service provider.