Monday, April 14, 2014

just my two cents pt. 4 (WARNING: PESSIMISTIC CONTENT)

we Asian kids are taught to suppress our feelings. we are forbidden to express out thoughts and feelings. we are not allowed to speak our mind. all these mentioned are considered "no manners" or "talking back". we are taught to deal things on our own, do what we are told and must not, must not ask questions.

i'm considered one of the lucky ones, being the first child and having brought up in a semi-Asian family, where my parents, especially my mom, would spend all her time explaining things and answering my questions patiently. however, there was a phase when my mum kept a close eye on my study, breathing down my neck everytime when i was doing my homework, making sure that i complete all of them. she would check on my test papers when they were given back, demanding reasons why my results dropped, and the next thing that came into the picture was the caning part. well. but then later on, maybe she was busy with work and too tired to do so, and also maybe i was growing up and started to talk back, she stopped checking on my homework. i still report my results to her, but she merely commented and told me: "if you've done your best, there's nothing i can say."

and yes, that's my Asian story.

the way Asian kids are brought up affects their mindset. no matter how depressed they are, they feel that they should not trouble people with their problems, thinking that they could handle it themselves.

some said suicide should be last resort because it is the most selfish act in the world, leaving your friends and family behind, having them to deal with such sadness.

but have you put yourself into his shoes?

maybe to him, at that very moment, death seemed to be best solution of all.

he had no one to turn to, and he couldn't take it anymore. maybe dying would solve everything. at least it could stop him from thinking.

i'm not trying to encourage suicide or anything like that, but people who criticised his actions should really just shut the fuck up. no one knew what was going on his mind and you didn't even understand what his situation was and here you are, criticising on his stupidity but hey, it takes a whole load of courage to end one's own life. yes, you may say that if he had the courage to kill himself, why can't he just man up and face the music? oh gawd, if he was this motivated will he still choose to jump down from that building? now that he's gone, why can't we just wish his family the best and pray that he is in peace?

so if you don't understand a thing, shut up. that the least you could do. seriously.






No comments: